My goal was to not bombard you with an entire month of Project Life, once again. But, with all the changes here in my neck of the woods, time has simply passed me by.
July was filled with an abundace of excitement including, the second half of our Laguna Beach trip, many crazy pet photos, and many, many lunches and happy hours to celebrate my NEW JOB! For those that haven't heard, I made the tough decision to leave the aviation industry. Although I'm still very passionate about aviation, I received an offer I couldn't resist in another industry I'm very passionate about - pets! I'll still be doing Instructional Design, only this time supporting pets instead of planes :)
For the month of July, I opted to use a small chunk of my Sassafras stash and coordinating products, which I've been hoarding since Sassafras stopped production of their scrapbooking line at the beginning of the year. I love how the warm, rich colors worked so well with the photos.
Without further ado, here is July.
The left-hand spread captures some of my favorite moments from the final day of my sister, niece and nephew's trip to Laguna Beach and Joshua Tree National Park. It's hard to tell, but on the last day, the kids thought it would be fun if we all put pink into our hair. My sister brought hair chalk on the trip, so we each added a patch of pink to our hairdo and headed on our way!
- Our final farewell to Laguna Beach
- The entrance sign to Joshua Tree
- My sister, niece and nephew posing on Cap Rock
- A random collage of snapshots from the park
- My favorite photo of a Joshua Tree from our adventure
As shown clockwise, beginning in the upper left-hand corner:
- My prescription of Prednisone to treat my allergic reaction to the sun. You read that right - to the sun. Not a fun thing when your on vacation at the beach and live in a place called the Valley of the Sun. It turns out, a generic version of one of my heart medications caused the sensitivity and going back to the name brand formula fixed the problem. YAY!
- A dinner and drinks at The Office on July 4 - avoiding the storms and rainy weather
- This photo cracks me up! My niece thought it would be fun to put her sunglasses on Herby so that he would look like Puppy Wuppy (the stuffed dog purse).
- Scrapbooking supplies from a crop with my friends Robin & Lisa
- A dip in the pool with the kids on the last night of their visit
- Happy hours with Nate and Twisted Lizard
- Watching baseball with Baxter
- Baxter enjoying an ice cream cone on National Ice Cream Day
- Bugsy hanging out in the "cat box" on Nate's desk. He threw a towel in an Amazon box and it seems to keep the cats at bay while he works from his home office.
- Another tough day at the office for Shawna
- Lunch at Pei Wei with my friend Deborah, followed by happy hour at Zipps with Nate's friends.
- Sunday brunch at Arribas
- A unjournaled card which will hold some private journaling about receiving my new job offer
- Some celebratory champagne
- Lunch at Green with Joanna
- Shawna being cute, as usual
- More celebrating!
I have one more page for July, which I will share as I begin to post my August Project Life spreads. Have a wonderful week!