As much as I tried to keep up the past few months, I haven't been very successful in consistently sharing my layouts and projects. To make up for it, I have a rather large and photo heavy Project Life post to share today. So large, that it includes the entire month of May.
As you may recall, I opted to use a different paper line (and embellishments) each month to help me keep the process simple and to create cohesiveness for each month. For May I chose the bright, vivid and playful Amy Tangerine Sketchbook line from American Crafts. It fit perfectly with the season, mood and weather here in Arizona (May is our last opportunity to spend a lot of time outdoors before the 110-degree weather arrives).
Here is my opening page for the month:
- Completing the Art of Digital Design at JessicaSprague.com
- Bugsy modeling Molly's wedding garter as a collar
- A mopey puppy, missing her human (Nate)
- Baking Rhubarb-Strawberry MiniPies
- Lunch and drinks at Zipps
Here is the next spread and detailed shots of each side:
- Nate's intinerary from his work trip to HOU
- Project Life on the living room floor while I watched baseball
- A yummy bowl of Garlic-Sesame Soba Noodles
- A critter pile to keep me warm while I was under the weather
- Baxter napping on my desk while I worked from home
- Art work from my niece, Kylee
- Bugsy helping me scrapbook in bed when I was sick
- The release of Diablo 3, an exciting day for Nate!
- A "just because we want to" date night at Melting Pot
- Tracking Nate's flight home on Flight Aware
- The cat's favorite treats, which Nate orders in bulk off of Amazon (no joke, we have 50 packages in our pantry!)
- A Saguaro cactus in bloom in our back yard. The fun thing is that once these white blooms disappear, the pods open into a lovely red flower-looking shape.
And, finally, the last spread and the corresponding close-up shots:
- Amazing Memorial Day Weekend weather. The best I can remember in the eight years I've lived here.
- Funfetti cupcakes for our Memorial Day gathering. I'm not a fan of boxed cake mixes, but I make exceptions for Funfetti :)
- Beginning a house hunt in a frusterating seller's market. Enough said.
- Hanging with the furkids
- Yummy lunch at Pita Jungle
- Taking three animals to the vet. At once. By myself.
- Bugsy getting her summer "lion" cut
- Flying to OMA. First Class. Free mojitos. Need I say more? :)
And that my friends, is the month of May in a nutshell!
Before I go, I want to take a moment and express my profound thanks and gratitude to everyone who supported me in the Designer Discovery Contest. I did succeed in making the Top 10, but I wasn't selected as the finalist. While it's never fun to miss out on an exciting opportunity, I do know that I tried my best. And, I am still amazed at the fact that the first real scrapbook kit I ever designed made it to the Top 10 along side some pretty well known designers. To me, that's pretty darn cool. Without your support I wouldn't have made it as far as I did in the contest. THANK YOU!