If you know me personally, or have been following my blog for a while, you know that March is truly a season of madness in our household (not the kind related to basketball). The perfect 80-degree temperatures, paired with a slew of family and friends tired of the Midwest winters and the start of Cactus League Spring Training, mean that our home turns into a revolving door of guests. It's my favorite month of the year! Here's what I've been up to so far:
- Spent part of a week in OH for work.
- Hosted Nate's family from MN visited for a week.
- Celebrated Nate's birthday!!! I bought him a griddle, long kitchen tongs, a 3-lb package of bacon & a six pack of Purple Haze to drink while he fried his bacon. I know the way to his heart!
- Hosted my mom for a 5-day visit from NE (overlapping Nate's family's stay).
- Spent time with long-time AZ friends who now reside in HI.
- Attended my first Cactus League Spring Training game of the season, watching the Cubs defeat the Rockies 11-4! Go Cubbies, Go!
- Had the opportunity to visit some of my favorite eating & drinking establishments - Four Peaks, Papago Brewery, Redendos, Sweet Republic, Zulu Caffe, The Office and more.
- Made a lot of delicous food like my homemade maccaroni & cheese, vanillia ice cream and salted caramel sauce.
- Did I mention I ate a LOT?
- Did a lot of shopping and bought a lot of clothing with stripes. I think I might have a problem.
- Attended a quilt show with my mom, which was an interesting experience in and of itself.
- Purchased some new October Afternoon & Cosmo Cricket paper scrapbooking supplies..woohoo!
- Chose some outdoor fabric and helped my mom prepare the fabric (which she sewed) to create curtains for our new outdoor dining area.Thanks, Mom!
The list goes on and on, but I'll cut it off there before I lose you. Needless to say, March has been chaos in the best of ways!
My mom flew out yesterday, leaving Nate and I with a relatively quiet week, which hopefully will allow us to spend some time at home (and not running around). As much as I love my family and friends, it's always nice to have a night or two to decompress. Hopefully, if all goes as planned, I can get into the studio and get to work on some projects and truly get back to my "regular scheduled program" here.
Until then, have a great week and thanks for stopping by!