November was certainly a month of highs and lows. With those highs and lows came a lot of mixed emotions, thinking and not much else. November looked something like this:
- Attended my sister's wedding
- Attended my grandmother's funeral (just a few days after the wedding)
- Made back-to-back trips to Nebraska (two days apart), spending 9 days there in all
- Chopped my grown out hair (for the wedding) into a short and sassy 'do
- Celebrated Thanksgiving with Nate's family
- Put up our Christmas trees (yes, we have two), but not the rest of the decorations
- Wrote and designed a book for my nephew's Christmas gift
- Started (but cannot bring myself to finish) many other Christmas projects
It's a short list, but the top two events account for a lot. It's strange the way emotions sneak in and effect you in ways you never imagined. It seems I needed just a bit more time than I had anticipated to get life back to normal after this strange, rollercoaster of a month.
I'm hoping I can still pull off a few fun holiday DIY posts in December and get back in to the game with my creative & design teams (which I took a short break from). I miss being creative, although it seems I have no creativity in my veins at the moment.
Thank you to everyone for your kind words about my grandma and for understanding why I haven't been around a lot lately.
And now on to happier, more normal things...
I do have one page left to share from my November Creative Team assignments at JessicaSprague.com. Fortunately, it's a funny one that makes me smile.
Product Credits - Queen of Quirk & In the Making
These funny photos are of my mom and I clowning around in the pool during her visit this past September. Although I'm loving the 70-degree fall weather here in AZ, I kind of miss swimming in our pool... :)